Here's How Dealers Are Communicating with Customers and Staff About the Coronavirus
Updated: Mar 31, 2020
One of the first ways that building material dealers have responded to the coronavirus pandemic is to tell customers and staff members what the companies are doing and what the recipients of those letters should do as well. If you're thinking of doing the same, here is a sampling of what dealers have published. And please share with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you have issued your own letter.
March 31 update
To our Valued Customers
Thank you for your continued support. This is a very stressful and anxious time for everyone. We continue to work hard to serve your needs efficiently and safely during this extraordinary public health crisis. It is said that extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary actions. We firmly believe this to be the case, and firmly believe these are indeed extraordinary circumstances.
We have seen the numbers of confirmed Coronavirus cases in all of our markets increase rapidly . This week, all government jurisdictions in the DMV have enhanced their response to the pandemic by issuing “Stay at Home” orders. Although these do not impact our status as “essential” businesses, the order does heighten public awareness of the seriousness of the outbreak. TW Perry fully supports the actions and intentions of our state leaders to protect the public.
This week we are taking further extraordinary measures to protect our team members, you, and the general public. I will need your cooperation and understanding to make these work for all of us. First, we remain committed to jobsite deliveries which significantly limit interaction between our respective teams and allow you to keep on building. Here are the changes we are making to our operation:
1. Window and Door Showrooms are closed. We have closed our door , window, and decking showrooms in our stores. These showrooms generally draw many homeowners to our facilities to look at items for their homes. We do not believe showroom shopping to be an essential function in the current climate. If you need literature, information, or a sample, please contact your TW Perry representative and they will get you what you need.
2. Telework: We have further reduced staff in our facilities. Our Outside Sales, and Inside Sales representatives are now working from home. Please call or email them to get quotes, place orders, or obtain information. They are happy and eager to help you. We are protecting them, and you by eliminating as much personal contact as possible. This becomes more and more critical as the number of cases in our region rise!
3. Full Service Yard: We are moving to a “full service” model for filling orders in our yard and warehouse to further restrict personal contact between our customers and staff. We ask our customers to remain in your vehicle when coming to warehouse and yard areas for pick up. Present your invoice to our Ops team member, and they will pull your material for you. Many customers enjoy picking out their material with our Operations team members. In the past several weeks it has been virtually impossible to maintain safe distancing. We need to make this change for the health and safety of our customers, and team members. We appreciate you cooperation in this matter.
4. Store Capacity: All jurisdictions in our market are following the rule of 10 for gatherings. To that end we will limit the number of customers and staff to 10 people in our facility at any one time. You can help by phoning and emailing in your orders instead of coming to the store.
5. Shop Virtually: We still have many customers visiting our locations multiple times per day to place orders, and pick up material. We appreciate the business. However, we really need you to limit personal contact. Please use phone, email, or text to place your orders or discuss business with your sales representatives. We have asked Sales representatives not to visit jobsites at this time. If you need to show them something please use Skype, or FaceTime to do virtual sales calls with our teams.
6. Order Early: Reducing trips to our facilities is increasing the numbers of deliveries we are making each day. This is fine as delivering phoned in orders is the safest way for us to do business right now. However, to get the additional deliveries pulled and loaded takes more time. We are instituting a 3PM cut off for next day delivery. Please get your orders into your sales person by 3PM so we can get it pulled and processed for you.
7. Deliveries: Protection of our teams also extends to your jobsites. We provided drivers with hand sanitizer to use before and after each stop. We no longer require your signatures upon delivery. Our drivers will keep their smartphones in hand. We also have told our drivers not to enter any occupied residence. We are happy to place weather sensitive materials on the carport, or garage, but we will not enter the residence. This does not apply to new construction.
We are a relationship based business. Many of you are not only our customers, you are our friends. Please help us keep our team and your teams healthy. We continue to monitor and adjust our practices as the situation and government response dictate. Our goal has not changed since this started. We aim to serve and meet your needs while maintaining the health and welfare of all. We also look forward to the crisis being over and we can all return to greeting one another in person!
Stay Safe , Stay Healthy, Stay Spaced, and Stay Strong!
[Mid-Cape Home Centers]
MOST RECENT UPDATE: Massachusetts Stay At Home Advisory
In wake of the most recent Executive Order put in place by Governor Charlie Baker, Mid-Cape Home Centers is to remain OPEN and operational under strict guidelines provided by the CDC and Local Governments. Mid-Cape has been deemed an essential business within our local economy and will continue to serve our community.
With that being said, Mid-Cape Home Centers will exhibit no shortage of safety precautions during this time. Effective Wednesday 3/25, a call-in only order service will be put in place to limit the number of customers and employees on the grounds at any given time. This process will allow for minimum contact as well as ample time for proper cleaning to take place.
While we are an essential business, and plan to honor our responsibility to our community by staying open, it is important to note that we are continuing to modify our procedures to most safely serve our staff and customers. Please keep in mind that any and all changes are with your best interest in mind. Regarding our temporary call-in only order system, more information will be given as soon as possible. In the meantime, please contact your nearest Mid-Cape location with any questions or concerns.
[HPM Building Supply]
This is HPM's March 24 update
To our community,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, please know that HPM remains dedicated to serving you.
HPM will remain open during the State of Hawaii Stay-at-Home order, which is in effect until April 30th, 2020.
As the State continues to take measures to protect health and safety and ensure basic necessities are available, HPM has been deemed as an essential business, which means that all HPM locations remain operational, and all stores are observing normal business hours. We are taking important steps to ensure the safety of our owner-employees and customers:
We are adhering to social distancing protocols to the fullest extent possible and asking all persons to maintain a minimum of six feet of physical separation.
Our Hawaii Island retail stores will be offering a Reserved Shopping Hour to serve seniors (age 60 years and above), their accompanying caregiver or assisting family member, and other high risk and immunocompromised members of our community every Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. starting Thursday, March 26, 2020.
We continue to encourage customers to phone in their orders for will-call pick-up or to schedule a delivery. Customers can now call in an order, remain in their vehicle, and their purchase will be brought to them. Please contact your nearest HPM branch for details and to place your phone order.
As we are navigating through unprecedented times, we will keep you updated if there are changes to any scope of HPM’s operations. Thank you for your patience and consideration. As a community, we are stronger when we work together, just as we have during past natural disasters and other hardships we’ve endured. HPM is proud to continue to serve you and is grateful for the strength and resiliency of our customers, owner-employees and community.
Mahalo and take care of yourself and your ’ohana,
President and CEO
HPM Building Supply
March 24 update
Dear Valued Customers,
In order to abide by the state of Michigan’s mandate Mans Lumber and Millwork will be closed to all walk-in business and will limit any delivery activity to only health and safety deliveries beginning on Tuesday, March 24th.
As outlined by multiple industry organizations, Mans Lumber’s support of the industry needs to be helping to secure the safety of job sites and assisting builders in protecting and finishing up jobs that have been started. The mandate states that no new construction or remodel job should be started during this time period. In order to put our employees, customers and communities first, Mans Lumber and Millwork will be diligent in holding ourselves and customers to this standard.
Mans Lumber will have sales staff available to answer phone calls, Monday thru Friday 8am to 3pm to take orders and start preparing for April 13th and the official start to our building season. You may call each location directly or utilize our Toll Free 1-800-TRY-MANS.
Our Kitchen and Bath Design and Flooring department are working with customers virtually via phone and email to still help design your dream Kitchen and Bath. You may send any new inquires to Kitchen and Bath to get working with a designer today so you won’t have to start at square one on April 13th.
We also still have our estimating department able to do material list takeoffs on new projects coming up. Plans can be sent directly via email to Estimating.
As always, please feel free to utilize our Sales Email or our website Contact Us to send in any sales request to our team.
As everything about this pandemic has changed day by day, please understand that our position is subject to change at any time. We are closely monitoring the situation and we keep the health and safety of our employees and customers as our #1 concern.
Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates to our status.
We wish everyone health, safety and understanding during these uncertain times.
Mans Lumber and Millwork
March 25 announcement
[Shepley Forest Products]
Shepley has sent about a letter to its customers virtually every day