LBM operations are less active at the start of 2020 in terms of acquisitions, openings, and closures than they were a year earlier, but we have seen a handful of announcements to go along with previously known actions expected to culminate this spring and summer. Here's a roundup:
* Allen Lumber, a four-yard operation in Vermont, sold itself to rk Miles.
* ABC Supply purchased Midwest Wholesale of Madison, WI.
* SRS Distribution opened new branches in Hattiesburg, MS; Mobile, AL; and Statesville, NC.
* Builders FirstSource bought Bianchi & Co., a millwork specialist based in Charlotte, NC.
* Wilcox Lumber of Naples, NY, has a new owner: Jeremy Fields.
* Pukall Lumber was expected to open this month in Minocqua, WI.
* Construction projects have been expected to result early this year in the openings of Zuern Building Products in Slinger, WI, and County Truss in Easton, ME. Also in Maine, Hancock Lumber is building a new facility in Saco that's expected to open at mid-year.
* As previously reported, Fisher Lumber & Hardware in Santa Monica, CA, expected to close by mid-August.