* L&W Supply promoted regional VP Jake Gress (at right) to the newly created position of VP of operations. Also, L&W named Will Pape as a branch manager in Houston and Kevin Lucero to the same role in San Jose.
* Beacon Roofing Supply appointed Philip W. Knisely as chairman of the board. He succeeds Robert R. Buck, who retired as chairman but continues as a director. Knisely is an operating partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, a major investor in the company.
* Also at Beacon, VP and chief accounting officer Thomas Schmitz resigned effective Feb. 7, David Holden was named the West Division's director of complementary products, Chase Adams became manager for Beacon's Kansas City markets, and Steven Chauvin was named manager of the Toledo, OH, branch.
* Kodiak Building Partners named Susan Plaza Lords as its chief human capital officer.
* Thomas Farina, formerly of BFS, has become CEO of AMBUILD Supply, a new dealer founded in March 2019 in Fairport, NY.
* McCoy’s Building Supply named two new store managers: Jeremy Malone in Mount Pleasant, TX (shown below); and Clay Krempin in Corsicana, TX.
* Gulfeagle Supply selected Bart Roberts to be its director of financial services.
* Builders FirstSource promoted Kevin Nice Jr. to general manager of its Soquel, CA, yard and picked Mitchell Ghezzi as an outside sales rep in the Syracuse, NY, area. In addition, we now know that Greg Niemeier has been a commodity manager at BFS' Hilton Head, SC, operation since last summer.
* Stephen Farmer joined Peter Lumber to manage its Millville, NJ, branch.
* BMC's new location manager in Albuquerque, NM, is Aaron Evans.
* Greg Sakos is the new manager at at SRS Distribution's yard in Woodlawn, MD, while Morgan Foulks was named assistant manager. Meanwhile, Cesar Martinez joined SRS as an assistant branch manager in Hatboro, NJ.
* Hines Supply, a unit of US LBM, has named Jeff Hirter to be general manager of its components plant in Kirkland, IL.
* Heather Thomas was picked to manage R.P. Lumber's store in Macomb, IL. She succeeds Bronson Royer, who became sales manager for R.P.'s Northern Region.
* Foxworth-Galabraith Lumber's new market manager in Phoenix is Sergio Robles.
* 84 Lumber named Ken Kucera (right) as its new VP of jnstalled sales and manufacturing and hired Paul Orbin as a purchasing manager. Also, Alex Dobosh was promoted to general manager of 84's yard in Orchard Park, NY.
* US LBM chose Dawn Frickmann to become a "Spend Smart Administrator."
* George Maas joined Marling Lumber and HomeWorks in Janesville, WI, as an LBM sales manager.
* Universal Supply, another US LBM unit, named Paul Agnese as a sales manager.
* Arnold Lumber in Coventry, RI, signed on Brian Vandal as a sales manager.
* Blackbird Building Supply, a window speciality firm in La Verne, CA, took flight late last year. Its CEO is Mario Castaneda.
* Here are some sales rep changes at dealers:
Country Lumber in Cheshire, CT, named Scott Wetmore as an OSR.
Scott Falkenhagen became an account executive at John's Lumber, Shelby Charter Township, MI.
Lucas Mogle signed on as an inside sales rep at ABC Supply in Malvern, PA.
Direct Cabinet Sales, a unit of US LBM, hired Alan Yung as an independent sales rep.
* LMC announced that Sean Tighe (left), currently VP of the Lumber Division, will succeed Andy Toombs as SVP after Toombs retires effective April 30.
* Sherwood Lumber made five strategic promotions to its Finance and Operations teams. Operations director Brian Nunes became VP of Operations and Logistics. Cameron Peterson, currently the Controller, became Director of Finance. Operations Lead Carlos Medina moved to Yard Foreman. Operations Admin Marra Prater moved up to Operations Lead. And mechanic.Norm Leger was promoted to Facilities and Maintenance Foreman.
* US Lumber appointed JP Gallagher as an OSR.
* MRS hired Nick Greco to handle sales on Long Island.
* Biewer appointed Sam Bacon as general manager of Biewer Trading.
* Do it Best promoted Alex Gilliom to category management business analyst, Justin Heins to database administrator, and Andrew McDermitt to senior software developer. The co-op also hired Rachel Baker as an order clerk, Carly Bassett as a consumer marketing specialist, Rick Kramer as a territory sales manager, Megan Morgan as an outbound logistics services coordinator, Amanda Smith as a sales support coordinator, Donnevin Wolfe as a switchboard operator., and Zach Vanlandingham as a forest product specialist.
* Jeff Key, a longtime official at Georgia-Pacific, has become marketing director at Atlas Roofing.
* Brett Boyum, formerly the VP for marketing at Marvin, has become an SVP for channel and experiential marketing at Cambria.
* Katerra announced that Jeff Hoopes has joined its board of directors. Hoopes is the former CEO of Swinerton.
* David Decker became VP of business development at Boral. That company also hired Joe Stubler to be its central regional business manager.
* There were these changes involving manufacturers' sales reps and business development officers: