LBM Names in the News, Mid-February 2020
* L&W Supply promoted regional VP Jake Gress (at right) to the newly created position of VP of operations. Also, L&W named Will Pape as a branch manager in Houston and Kevin Lucero to the same role in San Jose.
* Beacon Roofing Supply appointed Philip W. Knisely as chairman of the board. He succeeds Robert R. Buck, who retired as chairman but continues as a director. Knisely is an operating partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, a major investor in the company.
* Also at Beacon, VP and chief accounting officer Thomas Schmitz resigned effective Feb. 7, David Holden was named the West Division's director of complementary products, Chase Adams became manager for Beacon's Kansas City markets, and Steven Chauvin was named manager of the Toledo, OH, branch.
* Kodiak Building Partners named Susan Plaza Lords as its chief human capital officer.
* Thomas Farina, formerly of BFS, has become CEO of AMBUILD Supply, a new dealer founded in March 2019 in Fairport, NY.
* McCoy’s Building Supply named two new store managers: Jeremy Malone in Mount Pleasant, TX (shown below); and Clay Krempin in Corsicana, TX.
* Hugh Wilson has become president at All American Millwork & More, Columbia, MO.
* Gulfeagle Supply selected Bart Roberts to be its director of financial services.
* Carter Lumber named Michael Kurpiel as a business development and industry relations director and Jon C. Higgins as a purchasing manager for hardlines.
* Builders FirstSource promoted Kevin Nice Jr. to general manager of its Soquel, CA, yard and picked Mitchell Ghezzi as an outside sales rep in the Syracuse, NY, area. In addition, we now know that Greg Niemeier has been a commodity manager at BFS' Hilton Head, SC, operation since last summer.
* Stephen Farmer joined Peter Lumber to manage its Millville, NJ, branch.
* BMC's new location manager in Albuquerque, NM, is Aaron Evans.
* Greg Sakos is the new manager at at SRS Distribution's yard in Woodlawn, MD, while Morgan Foulks was named assistant manager. Meanwhile, Cesar Martinez joined SRS as an assistant branch manager in Hatboro, NJ.
* Hines Supply, a unit of US LBM, has named Jeff Hirter to be general manager of its components plant in Kirkland, IL.
* Heather Thomas was picked to manage R.P. Lumber's store in Macomb, IL. She succeeds Bronson Royer, who became sales manager for R.P.'s Northern Region.
* Hawaii's HPM Building Supply chose Bill Brooks to be a purchasing manager for commodities.
* Foxworth-Galabraith Lumber's new market manager in Phoenix is Sergio Robles.
* 84 Lumber named Ken Kucera (right) as its new VP of jnstalled sales and manufacturing and hired Paul Orbin as a purchasing manager. Also, Alex Dobosh was promoted to general manager of 84's yard in Orchard Park, NY.
* US LBM chose Dawn Frickmann to become a "Spend Smart Administrator."
* Gary Judd left Builders First Source last October to become a customer service manager at American Builders Supply in Clermont, FL.