Updated: Aug 13, 2019
* The Softwood Lumber Board hired Kabira Cher Ferrell to be its new VP for marketing and communications. She will lead SLB's "Think Wood" program.
* John C. Turner succeeded G. Michael Callahan Jr. as CEO of GMS. Callahan has retired. Also, GMS appointed BlueLinx CEO Mitchell B. Lewis as an independent member of the board of directors.
* Beacon Roofing Supply named Julian G. Francis as its next president and CEO. He's expected to start work around Sept. 1. Also, Beacon named Ryan Rudd as a branch manager..
* American Construction Source named Steven Richins VP of manufacturing.
* 84 Lumber picked Troy Dally to be its new chief procurement officer. It also named John Hay as its new divisional vice president of the Mid-Atlantic region and Adam Meddings to manage operations at its Californiam, PA, yard. In addition, 84 appointed Brad Parker to a position as field installed project manager in Gurnee, IL, and Domenic Mancini to serve as a material handler in Sewell, NJ.
* Katerra created the new position of COO and hired Paal Kibsgaard, previously the chairman and CEO of Schlumberger Ltd., to fill the job.
* John Perna has become president of Hamilton Building Supply in New Jersey.
* Builders FirstSource promoted Richard Goodman to Nevada/Arizona manager. He's based in Sedona, AZ. BFS also named Robert Reynolds as a millwork shop manager in Sanford, FL; Jason Boley as a project manager in Raleigh, NC;
and Nick Sebero to become a design manager at its DePere, WI, store.
* Carter Lumber named two operations managers: Jamey Sias for Greenville, SC, and Jeff Poffenberger for Philadelphia. Carter also named Austin Gasser as a general manager--components, operating out of Lansing, MI.
* ABC Supply named 30 new managing partners. See the list.
* Zuerns Building Products named Mike Struebing to manage its Cederburg, WI, location.
* Leah Kosnack Fennell has started a new job as talent development manager at Mid-Cape Home Centers in South Dennis, MA.
* Barry Garwood has become senior branch manager at Allied Interiors, a unit of Beacon Roofing Supply, in Fort Myers, FL.
* Allied Building Products promoted Jeff Ferreira to Southeast district manager, responsible for Florida and Georgia.
* McCoy's Building Supply named five new branch managers: Will Fritzlan in Alvin, TX; Holton Walker in Beeville, TX; Stan Nelson in Laurel, MS; Colton Meiman in Pasadena, TX; and Robert Aranda, at the McMillan Drive yard in San Antonio.
* Gordon Lumber, based in Port Clinton, OH, promoted Randall Schiets to director of purchasing.
* Guadalupe Lumber of San Antonio named Joe Baladez as a sales rep.
* US LBM promoted Andrea Berg to director-HR business partner for the Midwest. She's based in Minnesota.
* Bill Griffith joined Carolina Atlantic Roofing Supply, Greenville, SC, as a sales rep.
* The Lansing Building Products branch in Raleigh, NC, hired Wayne Collins to be an OSR.
* Mason Draughon joined the sales team at Nashville (TN) Lumber.
* Paul Dean moved to director of marketing at LBM Advantage.
* Mawson Lumber of Fort Collins, CO, named Rachelle Dodge as sales manager.
* American Cabinet Technologies named Joe Kauffman as its new president.
* Stuart Frazer is a new plant manager at Canadian Timberframes Ltd., Golden, BC.
* Roseburg named Chris Metcalf as the company’s director of reliability, responsible for maintenance practices and needs across the company. Roseburg also hired Gary Parshall to be a territory sales manager.
* BlueLinx hired Jerry Richardson as a commodity manager in the St. Louis area.
* Orlando-based Lumber Trades/Elof Hansson named Michael Haas as a senior commodity lumber/plywood trader.
* Boral Building Products promoted Jack Delaney to VP of sales.
* Do it Best promoted Todd Hixson to LBM business development manager. It also chose Jean Fahy to be its new division manager for building materials; Joe Corah to serve as division manager for OSB, Treated Wood, and EWP distributor programs; and Joshua Ratcliff as division manager for lumber and reload operations.
* Timothy Lynch has become a regional sales manager for the Northeast at MiTek USA. Also, Scott Holman was promoted to district sales manager. He's based in Irvine, CA.
* Brian Wilson of Wilsonville, OR, has started a new position as Fiberon Decking's western sales director.
* Kemp Miller joined Georgia-Pacific as a sales manager.
* Boise Cascade picked Glenn Mikkelsen to manage its branch in Nashville, TN.
* Columbus, OH-based Feazel appointed Thomas Miller as its new VP of siding operations.
* James Regan is the new general manager at The Truss Company, Sacramento, CA.
* Universal Forest Products appointed Wes Taylor to an account management position.
* Tradesmen International hired Jeremy Rise as a field sales rep.
* Jack Anderson is the new VP of sales and marketing at Alliance/Midway Windows & Doors.
* Lowe's named Thomas Speer as an assistant store manager.
* Concrete Supply Co. picked Drew Ensor to be an account manager.
* Epicor promoted Lindsay Ortega to analyst relations manager.
* Christopher Mattie has become a sales consultant at Direct Window & Door Supply.
* Tim Cofran signed on with Knauf Insulation North America to become its manager of commercial excellence.
* Eric Blair has become a regional sales manager for Bellmont Cabinet Co.
* Luke Wiesen has become a general manager at Truss Craft Structural Components.
* Mary Lawrence is a new territory sales manager at Rockshield Engineered Wood Products.