People in the News: Through Mid-November
Updated: Nov 13, 2018
* HDW Inc. President and CEO Kenny Beauvais is leaving the company, Hardware + Building Supply Dealer reported. That same publication reported on Nov. 13 that Billy Stapleton, the VP of merchandising and a 23-year veteran of HDW, has been selected as the new president.
* The National Lumber & Building Material Dealers Association elected Robert Sanford of Sanford & Hawley, Farmington, Conn., as its new chairman. Russ Kathrein of Alexander Lumber, Bloomington, Ill., became chair-elect during NLBMDA's annual meeting Ot. 17-19 in Chicago, while Jim Bishop of Vesta Lee Lumber, Bonner Springs, Kan., was elected to become first vice chair.
* Derby Building Products named John Vukanovich as VP of marketing.
* GMS CFO Doug Goforth will resign on Dec. 31 to explore leadership opportunities outside the company, GMS announced Oct. 1.
* Eric Barnett has become VP of operations at Apex Supply in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
* Julie Meis moved to Builders FirstSource in Cedar, Minn., to become a commercial sales rep. She had been at Lampert Lumber.
* Dave Brown has joined 84 Lumber as an outside sales rep in the West Palm Beach, Fla., market.
* Susan Griffin has become an inside sales rep at Garris Evans Lumber in Shallotte, N.C. Previously she worked for Professional Builders Supply.
* Diamond Hill Plywood picked Tommy DeLoach to be its new sales director for engineered wood products. Previously, DeLoach was at BlueLinx.
* TexCote hired Simon Reynolds to be its VP of sales and marketing.
* Whirlpool announced Oct. 9 that Kelly Safis has been appointed as general manager of builder sales. And on Sept. 18, Whirlpool hired J Mays as the new VP and chief design officer.
* LIXIL Americas, the division under which kitchen and bath brands American Standard, DXV, and GROHE operate, on Oct. 3 appointed Adam Bryson chief financial officer.
* Do it Best Corp. picked co-op veteran Jenna Myers as its new paint merchandise manager.
* Henry Company named Jeff Wedge as VP of sales for the residential division sidewall, roof, and below-grade weatherization products.
* The Softwood Lumber Board selected Maureen T. Pello to serve as the SLB’s VP for operations.
* Robert Woolley has become director of marketing at The Wolf Organization, a company he has worked for since 1999.
* Huttig Building Products on Sept. 24 announced the appointment of Philip W. Keipp as VP-CFO.
* Universal Forest Products has brought Edward Druffner on board to become an industrial products manager.
* Dennis Gardner, an executive at Butterfield Lumber in Salt Lake City for many years and one of the most admired LBM executives in the Rocky Mountain states, died Sept. 12. Obituary