LBM People in the News, April Edition
* US LBM Holdings named Tim Liester as EVP of operations and sales. Leister has been president of US LBM's Lyman Companies division since 2016. Scott Richter has succeeded Liester as president of Lyman Companies.
* GMS announced that John C. Turner Jr., president of Dal-Tile Corp., will take over as president of the specialty dealer effective May 1 and as CEO on Aug. 2, when current president and CEO Mike Callahan is scheduled to retire.
* Professional Builders Supply appointed John Merritt as president of its multifamily division. Prior to joining PBS, Merritt was the managing director of CBC Capital, where he led Capitol Broadcasting Company’s investment in Professional Builders Supply in 2017.
* American Construction Source announced that it picked Randi Moran as its chief human resources officer.
* Beacon Roofing Supply named Thomas Schmitz as its next VP and chief accounting officer. Schmitz succeeds Gregory Jorgensen, who left the company on April 12.
* Grabber Construction Products picked Robert Waterhouse to be the company’s new president and chief executive officer, effective April 15. Waterhouse succeeds Roland Snyder, who is retiring. Waterhouse most recently has been SVP of marketing, SVP of sales, and general manager of ceilings at USG Corp.
* The Clyde Cos., a conglomerate based in Salt Lake City, chose Jeremy Hafen to be president of Clyde Business Group.
* The North American Retail Hardware Association gave seven people its 2019 Young Retailer of the Year award. One of them was Trey Hamilton, owner-operator of Arab (AL) Lumber & Supply.
* Joyce Walseck has become an assistant branch manager at Curtis Lumber's Ballston Spa, NY, branch.
* Phil West joined C.A. Smith Lumber and Feed, Hadley, MA, as an outside sales rep.
* Simpson Strong-Tie promoted Steve Zanco to SAP Business Project Manager.
* Frank Medina joined ABC Supply as an account manager based in Bay City, MI.
* Peter Hagenberger is BMC's new market manager for Pennsylvania and Delaware.
* Kevin Seward was named general manager of Weyerhaeuser's branch in Denver.
* Taylor Brothers Building Supply promoted Sean Horton to general manager of its Lynchburg, Va., store.
* Bill Arterburn started a new job as purchasing manager at Alexander Lumber.
* Associated Materials hired Stephen DeMay to the post of EVP, U.S. sales.
* James Hardie Building Products hired Adam Patterson as a regional sales leader for the greater Chicago area.
* Michael Hubert is the new marketing director for East Market at Hilti North America. He's based in Bethesda, Md.
* 84 Lumber hired Kevin Garland as a sales rep for central Indiana and Rory O'Neill as an area manager for 84 Components in La Vergne, TN.
* Lindsay Robidoux is a new EWP market manager at Boston Cedar.
* Matthew Lyle has become a general manager at BlueLinx in Monroe, LA.
* Cameron Ashley Building Products named George Davis as a distribution center general manager for sales and operations in Memphis, TN.
* Connie Hull is the new general manager at Von Tobel Lumber, Valparaiso, IN.
* Reeb Millwork picked Shaun Magner to be a national account sales manager.
* Boral Building Products named John Cook as a district sales manager. Meanwhile, Boral Roofing hired Harvey Shelton to be VP of operations.
* Krissy Ripley is a new outside sales rep at Thomas Lumber in Orlando.