Updated: May 7
* The board of directors of The Lester Group elected Jay Dickens as president/CEO. His promotion follows the retirement of Jim O’Brien, whom the board elected as co-chair. Also at The Lester Group, Tal Sexton was named to manage the company's New River Valley Building Supply store in Christiansburg, Va.
* Ashby Lumber named Emily Morgan as its new CEO
* 84 Lumber appointed James Abbott to VP of engineered wood products and promoted Corey Farris to contractor sales rep at its Martinsburg, WV, branch.
* Beacon named Frank Longegro EVP and CFO.
* Jim Stockman, the former President and CEO of Homewood Holdings, has become EVP for business development and national sales at American Construction Source.
* Foundation Building Materials appointed Onur Demirkaya as chief accounting officer.
* American Construction Source hired Mark Marcelli to become its director of trucking operations and logistics.
* Construction Supply Group named Jeff Willis as president of its Central Division.
* Joe Small was promoted to Midwest Region vice president of ABC Supply, taking over from Jim Welch, who retired.
* Lansing Building Products selected Nathan Bailey as regional manager for northern New England and hired Kyle Graham as a sales rep in the Boston area.
* Ken Mills was picked to manage Payzant Home Building Centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
* McCoy’s Building Supply appointed Gerald Richards as store manager of its Vicksburg, MS, location.
* Cory Joslin is the new sales manager at BFS unit Dixieline Lumber in Solano Beach, CA.
* Sam Sprague became general manager at Accent Building Materials, Tomball, TX.
* Summit Hardware Group of North Georgia named Preston Bullock to be its CEO, CFO, and Director of Retail Operations. * Michael Faltot has become the branch manager at SRS Distribution's Southern Shingles branch in Corpus Christi, TX. Meanwhile, Brad Roth took over a Southern Shingles branch in San Antonio, and Bill Moxley became a senior sales advisor for SRS Distribution in Baltimore.
* Amy Jen Su has joined the SRS Distribution board of directors.
* Zuern Building Products hired Nathan Stuesser for its accounts receivables department. He arrives the same month AR analyst Anita Holz is retiring.
* Zachariah Lehman was promoted to Door Shop coordinator at Honsador Lumber.
* Kentucky Indiana Lumber named Lesa Wicker as fleet/safety administrative assistant.
* Michael McGaugh, former COO at BMC, has been named president and CEO of Myers Industries, a plastics manufacturer and tire-service supply company.
* Do it Best promoted Howard ONeal to product sales manager for SPF & SYP products and promoted Brad Woolace to a position as industrial commercial product manager. The co-op also hired Brad Baker as a software developer, Kaylin Gibson as a merchant payments coordinator, Natalya Haddix as a communication and marketing intern, Roberto Perez as an application developer, Kathy Luthe as an inbound transportation clerk, Danny Mullins as a web designer, Chelsea Ort as a merchandise coordinator, Jonathan Pufal as a database administrator, Laurie Schaeffer as a merchandise manager for housewares, Caitlin Thompson as a training and event specialist, Jeri Schindler as a Customer Service Department Lead, Jason Wetzel as an associate merchandise manager, Trisha Hinen as a promotional planning and production manager, Tony Ivy as a search engine specialist; and Ryan Lange, Jared Trout Jeff Louden, Peter Mitchell, Mike Niemeyer and Adam Powe as Systems Administrators.
* Susan O’Farrell retired from her position as SVP, CFO, and treasurer at BlueLinx Holdings. The company appointed Kelly Janzen to succeed her.
* Wausau Supply picked Robert Lett Jr. to be a territory sales manager.
* Jason Ralston was picked to be Huber Engineered Woods' business development manager for the Mid-South region.
* The Trex Company named Dennis Schemm the company’s new SVP and CFO. He succeeds Bryan Fairbanks, who has become president and CEO.
* Chris Kempa was promoted to CEO of True Value, succeeding John Hartmann. Kempa had been COO. Current CFO Deb O’Connor will become president and CFO.
* James Hardie Industries appointed Jason Miele as SVP and CFO.
* Katerra hired Nick Milestone to be its director of mass timber.
* Cardinal Building Products promoted Mike Shaub to account manager., responsible for Ohio as well as South Central and Western Pennsylvania. A sister company, Superior Plastic Products, hired Jeremiah Hershberger as a product manager.
* Parksite appointed Mike Knezevich to the newly created position of VP and CIO.
* There are these new board members at the Hardwood Manufacturers Association: Troy Brown is president, Tommy Petzoldt is vice president, and Linda Jovanovich is EVP.
* Messco Building Supply hired Dale Hammond to become an inside sales manager.