LBM People in the News, Early May Edition
Updated: May 7, 2020
* The board of directors of The Lester Group elected Jay Dickens as president/CEO. His promotion follows the retirement of Jim O’Brien, whom the board elected as co-chair. Also at The Lester Group, Tal Sexton was named to manage the company's New River Valley Building Supply store in Christiansburg, Va.
* Ashby Lumber named Emily Morgan as its new CEO
* 84 Lumber appointed James Abbott to VP of engineered wood products and promoted Corey Farris to contractor sales rep at its Martinsburg, WV, branch.
* Beacon named Frank Longegro EVP and CFO.
* Jim Stockman, the former President and CEO of Homewood Holdings, has become EVP for business development and national sales at American Construction Source.
* Foundation Building Materials appointed Onur Demirkaya as chief accounting officer.
* American Construction Source hired Mark Marcelli to become its director of trucking operations and logistics.
* Jeff Boles was promoted to director of operations at Parr Lumber.
* L&W Supply promoted Chad Cutlip to the position of regional VP for the West and named Dan Kyle director of operations.
* Construction Supply Group named Jeff Willis as president of its Central Division.
* Joe Small was promoted to Midwest Region vice president of ABC Supply, taking over from Jim Welch, who retired.
* Lansing Building Products selected Nathan Bailey as regional manager for northern New England and hired Kyle Graham as a sales rep in the Boston area.
* Ken Mills was picked to manage Payzant Home Building Centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
* McCoy’s Building Supply appointed Gerald Richards as store manager of its Vicksburg, MS, location.
* The new general manager at Builders FirstSource in Brooksville FL, is Paul Essenberg, while Blake Hurlbutt was promoted to G.M. at the BFS branch for the Oklahoma City market.
* Cory Joslin is the new sales manager at BFS unit Dixieline Lumber in Solano Beach, CA.
* Carter Lumber appointed Kevin Stoots to manage its yard in Bowling Green, OH.
* Sam Sprague became general manager at Accent Building Materials, Tomball, TX.
* Summit Hardware Group of North Georgia named Preston Bullock to be its CEO, CFO, and Director of Retail Operations. * Michael Faltot has become the branch manager at SRS Distribution's Southern Shingles branch in Corpus Christi, TX. Meanwhile, Brad Roth took over a Southern Shingles branch in San Antonio, and Bill Moxley became a senior sales advisor for SRS Distribution in Baltimore.
* Amy Jen Su has joined the SRS Distribution board of directors.
* Zuern Building Products hired Nathan Stuesser for its accounts receivables department. He arrives the same month AR analyst Anita Holz is retiring.
* Zachariah Lehman was promoted to Door Shop coordinator at Honsador Lumber.
* Kentucky Indiana Lumber named Lesa Wicker as fleet/safety administrative assistant.
* American Builders Supply named Cliff Shimer as president and Jon Uldrichas as its new VP of lumber products.
* Joel Boyd moved to a group sales manager position at Wimsatt Building Materials.
* Michael McGaugh, former COO at BMC, has been named president and CEO of Myers Industries, a plastics manufacturer and tire-service supply company.