LBM People in the News: January 2019 Update
* BMC named Gary Gross as VP of pro remodeling, Joyce Vonada as CIO; and Timothy Johnson as EVP and general counsel. Gross comes to BMC after 18 years at Lowe's, where he focused much of his time on store operations and installed sales. More
* Eric Spence, a former SVP of sales at Ply Gem and Jeld-Wen, has become president of RAM Windows, a Texas-based manufacturer and distributor of windows and doors.
* Boise Cascade promoted Chris Reiten to sales director for its engineered wood products.
* Bruce McDonald is Huttig Building Products' new VP for sourcing and the supply chain. He had been Huttig's VP of operations.
* H.G. Page & Sons, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., promoted Mark Whitney to CEO.
* Beacon Roofing Supply named C. Eric Swank as its new COO.
* McCoy's Building Supply promoted Meagan McCoy Jones to president and COO.
* ABC Supply chose Frank Marcoccio, formerly Georgia district manager, to become VP of its Southeast Region.
* Peter Siebert has become a managing partner at Travis Roofing Supply in Waxahachie, Texas.
* 84 Lumber promoted 13-year veteran Dan Tumilty to area manager for the dealer's Western Division.
* Rosen Materials, a portfolio company of US LBM, promoted Andre Oliveira to sales director and Marcos Ribeiro to EVP and director of market development.
* Jay Dickens (pictured at left) has become president of The Lester Group.
* Do it Best appointed Laura Williams to be merchandise manager for hand tools and Nicole Kepler to hold an associate merchandise manager spot in the same group. The news follows December's announcement that Jason Stofleth had been picked to become the divisional merchandise manager responsible for hand tools, plumbing, farm and ranch, housewares, and cleaning and storage.
* Leo Pappas is the new VP of sales and marketing at L.J. Smith Stair Systems, now part of Novo Building Products.
* Atlantic Forest Products picked Paul Johnson to serve as its western regional sales and purchasing manager.
* Becky Duffy was named marketing director at Boral Building Products.
* Parr Lumber appointed Jeff Owenby as sales coordinator in its Marysville, Wash. yard.
* After 29 years as a sales manager at Clem Lumber & Distributing in Alliance, Ohio, James Crow has been named operating manager.
* Associated Materials hired Eric Ford to serve as its VP for new construction in the Eastern U.S. Ford previously was at Jeld-Wen.
* Talbert Building Supply's newest general manager is Bill Snyder. He's in charge of the Durham, N.C., yard.
* Michael O'Brien is the new regional director-Atlantic at Metrie.
* Masonite International Corp. announced the appointment of Dan Shirk as SVP and CIO.
* Builders FirstSource moved Jim Barbes to a sales manager position in the Baltimore area.
* Joseph Burgoyne IV was promoted to territory sales manager, residential and light commercial division, at the Henry Company.
* Harvey Building Products chose Paul Paradise to become supply chain manager for distributed products.