The announcement involving President and CEO Paul Isabella's planned departure from Beacon Roofing Supply by Sept. 30 was rivaled only by BMC's March 11 revelation that COO Mike McGaugh was leaving the company because his job had been eliminated. An SEC filing affirmed that the departure was a termination without cause and that McGaugh would get all the severance benefits due him.
McGaugh arguably was BMC's most public official following the ouster of former CEO Peter Alexander. He spoke regularly at industry and investor events, and was regarded as a key figure in the dealer's campaign to run more efficiently and profitably. And now, current President and CEO David Flitman said in a press statement, "We believe that leveraging our existing team of experienced leaders with a flatter organizational structure will enable the company to be more agile in our decision making and accelerate our ability to execute our strategy."
Among other notable job changes in the past six weeks:
* National Lumber promoted Maykon “Mike” Oliveira to serve as project executive of the company’s Turn-Key Framing department.
* US LBM promoted Melora Spriggs to HRIS director.
* Allison Almond has become an account coordinator at Professional Builders Supply.
* Brad Hodgins was promoted to inside sales supervisor at Manufacturers Reserve Supply.
* Epicor named Lindsay Ortega to the new position of manager, analyst and influencer relations.
* R.P. Lumber hired Heather Thomas as an inside sales associate.
* Chris Miller, former president of Parker's Building Supply, has become CEO and president at Nation's Best Holdings.
* Alside Supply hired Alberina Zemba as a territory sales manager.
* Bridgewater Wholesalers hired Aaron Mathews as its new director of sales and marketing.
* Mark Christianson is the new truss designer at Woodhaven Lumber & Millwork.
* Victor Vandenburg has become a territory sales manager at Weather Shield Windows and Doors.
* National Millwork promoted Brittney Rusczyk to internal operations manager.
* BlueLinx Corp. hired Rick Hardie as a senior buyer.
* James Terry became a builder specialist in the residential division at VELUX America.
* Cameron Ashley Building Products picked Bob Westermann to become Western regional VP of sales.
* Steve Charuka joined Raymond Building Supply as a wood window specialist.
* Universal Supply promoted Phil Gatti to location manager.
* Emily Niehaus has become retail marketing and merchandising director at Niehaus Lumber.
* Diamond Hill Plywood appointed Michael Bencivengo as an outside sales representative.
* Shawn Brandenburg was named a Huttig Grip specialist at Huttig Building Products.
* Lampert Lumber hired Doug Kooyman as a sales consultant.
* PGT Custom Windows + Doors promoted D. Shawn Harlacher to regional sales manager.
* Huttig Building Products hired Jack Anderson as a national accounts director.
* Nathan Sikes was promoted to branch manager at Boise Cascade.
* Wilson Hiner became an assistant branch manager at SRS Distribution.
* JELD-WEN promoted Michael Ackerman to territory sales manager.
* Lyman Lumber's new sales manager is Kenneth Oetjen.
* Brad Hodgins started a new position as inside sales representative at Manufacturers Reserve Supply.
* Harvey Building Products named Jeff Brazezick as business development manager for manufacturing.