Updated: Dec 14, 2018
* Do it Best Corp. named Mike Ter Molen (pictured here) as its new director of LBM operations.
* Arrow Tru-Line appointed Tom Brockley as its new CEO and president. Brockley succeeds Marvin Miller, who announced his retirement in November.
* GMS announced that Leslie Kratcoski joined the company as vice president, investor relations.
* Builders FirstSource appointed David Rush as SVP/COO--East. He will be responsible for overseeing all the company’s operations in the eastern half of the United States. He succeeds Morris Tolly, who passed away on Oct. 31.
* Weekes Forest Products announced the promotion of Scott Cady to general manager of the Comstock Park, Mich., distribution center. * Starting Jan. 1, Darrin Peterson will become president of Marvin Windows and Doors while Dan Marvin will become president of Marvin's Infinity Windows division. Also, Brett Boyum's title at Marvin has changed to VP, brand and user experience. He had been VP of marketing.
* Columbia Forest Products announced the appointment of Greg Pray as president and CEO, effective Jan. 1. Pray will succeed Brad Thompson, who will become an advisor to company.
* Viance hired Jonathan Whitehead to become eastern region sales and business development manager.
* Frederick Munson, the founder of Munson’s Building Supplies, passed away Nov. 26, in Oneonta, N.Y. He was 96.
* Builders FirstSource hired Brian LaPlaga to manage its Lakeville, Minn., branch. LaPlaga previously was at Huttig.
* Boise Cascade named Brian Scheid as a senior account manager. Scheid came to BC from Arling Lumber.
* Cory Evans moved up to become VP of operations at Golden State Lumber.
* Beacon Roofing Supply hired Steven Kruper to become a branch manager in Denver.
* Charles Oldham has become branch manager at Harvey Building Products in Portsmouth, N.H.
* Capital Lumber picked Tim Brown to become manager of its Woodburn, Ore., branch.
* Culpeper Wood Preservers hired Jim Dudley to serve as EVP and general manager of the company's Southern Division.