LBM People in the News, Mid-January 2020
* Builders FirstSource announced that CEO Chad Crow will retire sometime during 2020 after assisting the Board of Directors in hiring his replacement."After 20 years of all-consuming effort, I have decided that it’s time for me to
spend more time with my family and on other personal interests," Crow said in a statement.
* Tom Rider is the new president at Carl's Building Supply, Port Hadlock, WA.
* Roofer's Supply, Spring, TX, named Darren Breaux as its new president.
* E.C. Barton picked Travis Laurence to be its next VP of operations. * BMC Stock Holdings eliminated the position of EVP for marketing, pro remodeling, and eBusiness. Lisa Hamblet, who held that position, left the company on Dec. 31. Also at BMC, Dean Kready was named a division pricing analyst.
* Orgill revamped its leadership team in January, starting with the ascension of Boyden Moore to the president and CEO role. Ron Beal, who had been CEO, will remain as the company’s chairman of the board. Other changes brought Randy Williams to the role of EVP, distribution; John Sieggreen to EVP, retail, as well as a continued role as president of Central Network Retail Group; and Greg Stine to EVP, marketing and communications. Also at Orgill, Barry Flint was promoted to district manager and Jackie Marable became director of merchandising services operations.
* Arrow Building Supply (Consolidated Lumber Co.) named Ron Smith senior sales director for Wisconsin.
* 84 Lumber named John “Jay” Burleson as contractor sales rep.
* Michael Magee has become president and general manager of Emery Jensen Distribution, a unit of Ace Hardware. Magee had been SVP of sales at Crayola LLC.
* Richie Gonzalez was promoted to sales manager at Mensch Mill and Lumber, Farmingdale, NY.
* The Clyde Cos., whose holdings include Sunroc, picked Scott Blomquist to be an enterprise program director.
* Patrick Maguire joined New England Building Supply as a sales rep.
* Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber hired Shawn Jesson to become a truss designer.
* Biewer Trading announced that Sam Bacon is the company’s new general manager.
* Do it Best made several changes, most prominently naming Scott Kinkella as a new regional sales manager. The co-op also promoted Bob Wieging to Southern Yellow Pine Specialist-Central Region and Angela Nevers to forest products trader, respectively. In addition, Gabe Arnold became a treated lumber specialist and Kim Shrum joined the team as a forest products specialist for OSB and plywood.
* Gulf & Basco named Juliana Restrepo to the new position of marketing customer service manager.
* Michael Thornhill became marketing director at MCK Kitchen and Bath, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
* SRS Distribution tapped Justin Harrod to be a district manager and Jake Shafer as an assistant manager in an Atlanta area branch.
* In other changes at Builders FirstSource, Kathryn Stoker was named assistant general manager at the Cortez, CO, facility.
* AZEK appointed Michelle Kasson as chief information officer.
* McCoy’s Building Supply promoted Jessica Walshak to director of marketing and advertising.
* Louisiana-Pacific Corp. appointed these people to sales roles: Branden Guennel, Jason Mora, Jon Smith, Phillip Barrett, Gary Heft, and Kip Faulk.
* L&W Supply named several district managers: Paul Dean for the Upper Midwest, Walter Reinthaler in the Mountain West, and Dave Ritchie for North Carolina's Triangle and Triad regions. L&W also named two new branch managers: Will Pape in Houston and Kevin Lucero in San Jose. Also, Jennifer Garza became an OSR in the Cypress, TX, branch.
* Among other sales-related job changes were these: Wendy Minichiello at Weyerhaeuser; Brett Linden at Alexandria Moulding; Sean Romo at North American Corp.; Scott McCormick at Pape Machinery; Josh Klick at Erdman Automation Corp.; Alexander Tis at Owens Corning; Joe Wettstein at Woodgrain Millwork; and Robert Goral at Royal Building Products.
* Keene Building Products promoted Tyler Baier to business development manager for the building envelope.
* One-time ProBuild executive Lonnie Bernardoni has become VP for supply chain and manufacturing at Luminar Technologies.