* Weyerhaeuser opened a new replacement mill in Dirks, Ark.
* Uponor on Oct. 11 celebrated the grand opening of a 237,000-square-foot facility in Hutchinson, Minn., where it manufacturers PEX tubing.
* Interfor announced Oct. 12 a 20% drop in production at its three sawmills in the interior of British Columbia. It cited declining lumber prices and higher log costs for the move.
* Interfor's move came one day after Seneca Sawmills said it will go to two eight-hour shifts, four days a week, at its mills in Eugene and Noti, Ore.
* What should you do when Immigrations and Customs Enforcement comes calling? The National Association of Home Builders has advice in a new 8-page guide.
* Money magazine just published a profile of Diane Hendricks, co-founder of ABC Supply and now the richest self-made woman in America. It apparently wasn't based on any interview, but it does comb through a lot of sources to draw a word portrait.
* The Arkansas Economic Development Commission approved a $750,000 bond guaranty for a group of Texas investors to reopen a mill in Magnolia to produce cross-laminated timber, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Sept. 14. Story