Openings and Closures through early November
Updated: Dec 6, 2018
* McCoy's Building Supply plans to open its newest yard, located in Midlothian, Texas, in mid-December.
* The former Kasten Building Supply of Jackson, Mo., has renamed itself as Mill Warehouse Building Supply and expanded its product offerings. Story
* Since late September, ABC Supply has opened news branch in Alpharetta, Ga.; Waxahatchie, Texas; and Ukiah, Calif.
* Builders FirstSource has given notice that it plans to close its lumber and gypsum facility in East Hartford, Conn. It was the only BFS location based in New England, but the company has a number of yards in the Hudson River Valley in nearby New York State. Story
* Meek's Lumber and Hardware is closing six store locations in southern Missouri as part of a consolidation move for the company. The yards are in Springfield, Popular Bluff, Doniphan, St. Robert, Mountain Grove, and Greenfield. Story
* Hancock Lumber plans to open two new kitchen design showrooms in Yarmouth and Windham, Maine.
* Wilson Lumber, Huntsville, Ala., plans to open a truss plant in the Nashville, Tenn., market that will focus on multifamily construction.
* Effingham (Ill.) Builders Supply is opening a rental center in Mattoon, Ill.
* Gillman Home Center opened its 12th location in Eaton, Ohio, last year.
* Arizona-based Elite Roofing Supply on Sept. 1 opened a branch in Lynwood, Calif. Earlier this year, Elite added branches in Monroe and Bossier City, La.; Tucson and Mesa, Ariz; and Denver. Press release