American Construction Source's news the morning of Jan. 20 that it bought Builder's Resource Group, a two-store operation in Wisconsin, means we already have had 29 LBM facilities that changed hands, closed, opened, or soon will open in 2021.
Builder's will be folded into ACS' Arrow Building Center. It has a distribution center in Woodville, WI, and a design center in Hudson, WI.
Earlier in January:
* ABC Supply's L&W Supply purchased Merrimack Building Supply, a specialty dealer with stores in Merrimack, NH; Medway, MA; and Stratford, CT.
* US LBM took over Gilcrest/Jewett, a lumberyard with branches in Altoona, Coralville, Waukee, and Marion, IA, plus a truss plant in Osceola, IA.
* SRS Distribution's Heritage Landscape Group bought Wolf Creek Distribution's eight landscaping yards in Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.
* Curtis Lumber absorbed Wiley Bros. of Shaghticoke, NY.
* New Jersey's Jaeger Lumber bought West Essex Lumber.
* Red's Lumber, a hardware and lumber store in Malden, MO, opened.
* More facilities are slated to open later this year: Alpine Lumber in Silverthorne, CO; McCoy's Building Supply in Liberty Hill, TX; 84 Lumber in Rockville, NJ; Universal Supply in New Castle, DE; and Marcus Lumber in Storm Lake, IA.
* Oman and Son Builders Supply closed its Ocean Park, WA, store.